Saturday, November 16, 2013

WANTED

WANTED

Unknown Subject Wanted For Identity Theft
Reward: $10,000*



It has become abundantly apparent that someone has robbed me.  Taken from me something I cannot get back easily, if at all.  Something it seems everyone else has, and now I am left without.  

I was asked awhile back to strip away all the labels that I associate with myself.  You know, the things that "define" me.  Once those are stripped away I will find the true me.  My true identity of who I am.  So you take away the the things like "husband", "father", "student", "male", and all labels that you or society places on you.

Apparently people are able to see something that remains.  Something to hold on to.  Something tangible to say "This is me."  I started to peel away the labels.  Just like Shrek was an onion with layers, I began peeling away things in my mind.  I'm guessing even that loveable ogre was left with that little green tail thingy in the middle of an onion.  
 
Me?  I peeled away what I thought was the last one and... nothing.  There wasn't anything.  The only thing there was the most awesome echo ever.  There is nothing left of me apparently.  Like a paper mache mask, I was just layers on top of something that used to be there and now, it was gone.  So you quickly pile the layers back on.  Trying to get the order somewhat right and looking how everyone had come to know me.  Phew.  Back to normal.

Normal?  How is being an empty void normal?  Maybe that was the point of doing this.  The removing of labels.  The realization that under all that you are missing something you once had.  Or... maybe I'm just broken.  Either way, I want to find the thing responsible for it, hence the wanted poster.  

At this point I am not even sure what was supposed to be under all those labels and layers of how I identify myself.  Was there supposed to be the real me?  Apparently that persona cashed in it's chips and caught the bus to a non-extradition country.  Maybe someday he will come back from this extended vacation.  I just hope when he does he isn't covered in back alley tattoos, missing appendages, or with an insatiable addiction to gerbils or something.  

I can only imagine this person didn't do this willingly.  Either someone kidnapped him, or forced him to run.  He wouldn't do this for shits and giggles.  Just up and vacate the premises on a whim.  
 
I just hope I didn't kill him off completely.  I mean, if I did it was accidental.  Maybe I just covered him with so much crap to keep everyone else from seeing how distraught he was that I suffocated him.  Withered away to nothing.  Dust in the wind.  For now I will just keep on holding out hope that he will come back.  Or that someone else, a new me, Scott 2.0 will fill the void.  Keep an eye out for him.  And don't forget about the reward for finding him.


*Reward paid in Monopoly Money

No comments:

Post a Comment